Selling a home in Winter isn’t the same as selling in Spring. You can’t just plant some new flowers or open the windows to let in a refreshing breeze and the sounds of chirping birds.
But, there are several things you can do to make your home warm and welcoming in the colder months.
Here is a checklist:
Make It Inviting
- Pull up all the blinds and open the curtains wide to let in sunshine.
- Check all lightbulbs. Replace as needed.
- Take down personal photos and items. “Allow homebuyers to imagine themselves in your home,” says Laura McCarthy, Sales Associate at ERA Justin Realty.
- Fix anything broken.
- Give rooms a clear purpose. “This could mean rearranging furniture. Invest in professional staging if necessary,” says Jennifer Darby Metzger, Broker/Owner at ERA Justin.
Show You Care
- Clean baseboards and vents thoroughly.
- Vacuum, mop, and sweep floors.
- Declutter everywhere. “A clear countertop goes a long way,” says McCarthy.
- Organize cabinets & closets
- Touch up any scuffs on the wall using paint or a Magic Eraser sponge.
Boost Curb Appeal
- Powerwash outdoor surfaces.
- Clean the windows inside & out.
- Tidy up the landscaping.
- Sweep patios, decks & walkways.
- Freshen up your entry with a new welcome mat.
This list will get you started but a professional real estate expert will help you close the deal. Give Laura McCarthy or any of our agents a call at (201) 939-7500.